Saturday, May 7, 2011

Classroom Expectations

Many times I teach in the K-6 classrooms, so  the kids follow their normal classroom rules and expectations.

However, my expectations are:
1. Follow directions 1st time given.
2. Treat others with respect and kindness.

I also use the Daily 5 in my classroom (Read to Self, Read to Someone, Work on Writing, Listen to Reading, Word Work). I have I charts (Independence charts) that I use with students to show what is expected of them as they work on these 5 tasks. For example:

Read to Self
- get started right away
- stay in 1 spot
- read the whole time
- read quietly
- work on stamina

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Fischer...I love to see you use the Daily 5 in your classroom. I use the Daily 5 in my classroom as well. At the beginning of the year it took a lot of work to get it started but I can't even imagine teaching reading/LA any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love Daily 5. One day my son was home sick. He said we needed to do Daily 5. It was fun to hear him explain Daily 5 to me and for him to be so eager to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Fischer, It sounds like you like Daily 5. I am excited to really get into it next year! I am writing down your D5 expectations!

    ReplyDelete